Arrival, Dismissal and Valet
ARRIVAL, MORNING EXERCISES AND DISMISSAL
- 1st-5th Grade: Students may be dropped off curbside in the Knob Hill Valet line. School grounds open at 7:30 am. Students should make their way to the large playground/blacktop area to be supervised and NOT to their individual classrooms.
- Students should not arrive to school any earlier than 7:30 am. Students in grades 1-5 report to the playground/blacktop for supervised playtime until 8:10am.
- At 8:10 am we begin whole school Morning Exercises with our students. At this time all parents and guardians must clear the playground as we begin our instructional day. Grades 1-3 exercise on the large blacktop and grades 4-5 report to the upper grade courtyard for exercises.
- Kindergarten: All kindergarten students are to report directly to the kindergarten gate at the on Julia Street. No kindergartener is to be left unattended. AM kindergarten begins at 8:15AM and PM kindergarten begins at 11:40AM.
1st- 5th grade students are expected to leave the campus promptly at dismissal time unless they are enrolled in an after school program (i.e. Parks and Recreation, CDC, and/or an enrichment course). Information about after school programs is available in the school office. Kindergarten students must be picked up by their parent or guardian. Kinder CDC students are picked up by the CDC staff.
- Students in grades 1-2 will remain with their classroom teacher at the lunch benches until a hand off has been made to a parent or guardian. Valet students will be dismissed when their ride arrives.
- Students in grades 3-5 will remain with their classroom teacher in the front lawn behind their classroom cones until a hand off has been made or student is called for Valet. Students in grades 3-5 may also be dismissed to walk/bike home, pending parental permission.
- Students will be dismissed in the manner set forth by the parent/guardian. If you have a change in your child's dismissal or request that your child be dismissed with another family, please call the main office at 310-798-8650 as well as an email to your child's teacher. Changes in dismissal after lunchtime, MUST be made to the main office as teachers are actively engaged with students and not able to check email messages.
Bicycles may be ridden to school. Students must adhere to traffic and road safety, and wear a helmet safely secured to their head. Bikes must be walked onto and off of campus grounds and are to be locked and stored to the bike rack (located near the cafeteria) during the school day.
- Students riding a bike must wear a helmet.
- Once on campus, the bike must be walked and locked in our bike rack.
- The rule is in place before school, after school and during school, weekdays and weekends.
- The waiting areas, benches, and ramps are still a part of a campus.