Visitors to the Alta Vista Campus
All campus visitors must have the consent and approval of the principal/designee.
Permission to visit must be given at the time requested if at all possible or within a reasonable period of time following the request.
Any and all classroom/student observations must be scheduled with through the principal/assistant principal and are limited to no more than 20 minutes and must be accompanied by administration or their designee.
Children who are not enrolled at the school are not to be on the campus unless prior approval of the principal 18 has been obtained.
Visitors may not interfere with, disrupt or cause substantial disorder in any classroom or school activity.
Visitors are expected to:
• Follow the established school policy in requesting a classroom visitation
• Complete a visitor‘s permit upon arrival at the site
• Enter and leave the classroom as quietly as possible
• Not converse with the students, teacher and/or instructional aides during the visitation
• Not interfere with any school activity
• Keep the length and frequency of classroom visits reasonable
• Follow the school‘s established procedures for meeting with the teacher and/or principal after the visit, if needed
• Learn and follow the school-wide behavioral expectations
• Return the visitor’s permit to the point of origin before leaving the campus.
Any individual who disrupts a school site or fails to follow school rules and/or procedures is subject to removal from the school site and may be further restricted from visiting the school.