Alta Vista’s 6th Annual Chase Stecyk Fun Run
A World of Color - Celebrating Diversity
Wednesday, March 1st
Use the On-line registration tool! Follow these easy steps:
- Go to www.thegetmovincrew.com
- On the webpage, click on the gold star under the Let's Get Movin' red square to start the registration process and create an account (you can use your login in from last year if you participated last year!)
- Click on the red student button in the upper right corner to edit the Student page with your student's information. For school, use the drop down menu or type in Alta Vista Elementary, activate your online pledge profile and add a picture!
Cash or Check Option: We prefer on-line donations through your child’s webpage, however, cash & checks (In-school donations) should be put in an envelope with students name and room number on the envelope and submitted to the PTA lock box in the front office or to your teacher. Please make checks payable to: Alta Vista PTA. Contact Amie Jacoby at with any questions.
- Students will have the opportunity to win AWESOME prizes!
- Each student’s goal is $50 per student, but you can put in a higher amount if you like.
- It's easy to check on your student's goal progress, classroom progress and our school progress from your student's webpage.
- You can easily share the page via Facebook, Twitter, email, etc., with friends and family using the share buttons on your child's webpage.
Thanks for your support!
Family Restaurant Night at Rock & Brews – Wednesday, February 22nd
Join us on Wednesday, February 22nd from 12:00 – 8:00 pm for our next family restaurant night fundraiser. Please bring the flyer. 20% of your purchase (dine-in or take-out), including drinks, will be donated back to Alta Vista! Reservations are highly recommended. We look forward to seeing you there!
Alta Vista PTA is happy to announce revised dates for the following events:
April 29 Alta Vista Family Carnival
May 19 Father/Daughter Dance – Under the Sea Theme
June 2nd Mom/Son Fun Night
Announcing the 2017 Alta Vista Variety Show – March 10th
Please see this flyer and application if you are interested in participating in this year’s Alta Vista Variety show, Wildcats Got Talent, schedule for 6:00 on March 10th at the Parras Gym. Tickets will go on sale soon!
Save the Date – Comedy & Magic Fundraiser – March 21st
Join us on Tuesday, March 21st for our annual parents night out at the Comedy & Magic Club in Hermosa Beach. Tickets on sale soon. Stay posted!
2017-2018 PTA Board Nominations
Alta Vista PTA is looking for new leadership to join the 2017-2018 Executive Board. Several long-time board members will not be with us next year and we must find their replacements in order to maintain the amazing programs that PTA supports! Click here for a listing of board positions as well as committee chair opportunities. We are accepting nominations now and the election is scheduled for March 31st. Please contact our nominating committee chair, Karen Ford Cull with any questions or if you are interested in being nominated.
Congratulations to Alta Vista Reflections Contest Winners!
The following Alta Vista students received awards for their Reflections contest submissions at the Redondo Beach Council PTA level, which includes all schools in RBUSD:
- Jonathan Creado – Frist Place for Literature
- Hailey Johnston – First Place for Film
- Micha McFadden – Third Place for Music
- Nikolai Ivanov – Third Place for Dance
Congratulations to all of these amazing artists and thank you to all of the students for their submissions! We are so proud of you. First place winners will go on to the next level to compete with all of the schools in the 33rd District of California State PTA. Good luck Jonathan & Hailey!
Become an Alta Vista PTA Community Partner by Feb. 1st for Great Benefits!
Do you or someone you know own a local business that you would like to promote through Alta Vista PTA? Our new Alta Vista PTA Community Partner program offers sponsorship and fundraising opportunities to help support Alta Vista. Please see this information for further details and please share with your friends and family who own local businesses. If you become a Community Partner by Feb. 1st, you can be eligible for inclusion on the Fun Run T-shirt and our Community Partners Banner to be displayed outside the school.
PTA Membership Perks
Not a PTA member yet? It’s not too late to join! Anyone is eligible to join so please invite your friends and family to join as well. Visit our Web Store to purchase PTA memberships, make a donation and purchase Wildcat gear items and Yearbooks. PTA members are eligible for various perks such as FREE and discounted Legoland tickets! Please see PTA Membership Perks Flyer and contact Valerie Reid our VP of Membership for information on getting your discount and free tickets. If you would like your Baskin Robbins coupon please ask a board member Valerie.
Limited Quantities of Wildcat Gear Now Available on Webstore
There is a limited quantity of T-shirts, sweatshirts and other Wildcat gear available for purchase on
Other Ways to Connect with and Support Alta Vista PTA
Like Us on our new Facebook page: .
Shop Local at South Bay Galleria and earn $$ for Alta Vista!
Order your Yearbook 2017: $35